HLP5063W picture slightly off-kilter

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
2Hirondelles
Contributor
Contributor

HLP5063W picture slightly off-kilter

Postby 2Hirondelles » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

The TV has been this way from the beginning, but I never thought to do anything about it. It's not that annoying, but if there's something I can do myself, I'd like to.

The whole picture is tilted up ever so slightly on the right. More noticeable in letterbox format when there is a banner at the top or bottom of the screen, ie news or sports channel. Is there some adjustment I can do via the service menu myself, like on a PC monitor?

BTW, just over 6000 hours on the original bulb since Sept '04...should I have a new one on hand just in case? I don't know how long they tend to last.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HLP5063W picture slightly off-kilter

Postby darkart77 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:20 pm

This is going to sound silly, but It just might be what's going on here.
You probably have your screen zoomed a bit. check your remote just to make sure.

2Hirondelles
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 2Hirondelles » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Nope, not silly...but it's not that, thanks anyway. The picture is measurably tilted.

Sometimes it is the simplest things, and I was reminded of that recently with a 'no signal from my satellite dish' problem. I had the input selector switch at the wrong selection even though I had checked it twice. :oops:

srjy2k2
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srjy2k2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 am

I removed my dmd board and i had the same problem, if you loosen the screws holding the board to the lens assembly u can slightly push it around to "level" out the screen. (FYI its on a mirror so up is down and vise-versa) Then use (mute-1-8-2-power) and u can adjust total height in there. or just use (mute-1-8-2-power) and make the screen higher or lower so u dont notice black spots on border of screen. But if its crooked u have to slide the board around. (dont touch the big wires in the back, u'll get a good jolt)

2Hirondelles
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 2Hirondelles » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:21 pm

This is the sort of thing I was wondering about. Thanks for that.

Given the whole nasty black wire thing, since we're moving in about a year and bumpy dirt roads are involved, I will wait until after that. After all, I've lived with it this long.

srjy2k2
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srjy2k2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

all the big wires shouldn't be near the DMD board, but different models may have them close, btw i moved my DLP 6-7 times from houses, superbowl parties and all other things. When the board is locked down in should never move, my guess is they left it a bit loose from factory or something. Once locked down it should never move again.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”