HL-R6167w No screen - no chime

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
srjy2k2
Contributor
Contributor

HL-R6167w No screen - no chime

Postby srjy2k2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Well, to begin this site has been great for troublshooting ideas, but i have a question to add. My DLP started the familiar green checkerboard behind the menus on cable input, and seemed to work fine on HDMI input, but i took the back off cleaned it up in there, put it all back together and ... Now i got nothin, the lamp comes on, (i can see it thru the back) the color wheel spins up, and fan on the DMD board comes on. However nothin on the screen ever pops up, no menus, no tv guide, nothin. also no familiar chime as tv turns on but i do have the LED for lamp flash for a good 15 secs or so. After 3 minutes or so the tv powers back down. So, before i go any further, was hoping to get someone who had this problem b4. Seems as tho its the digital video board/dniE chip on it. Will getting the chip solder re-flowed solve my problem now that tv wont turn on at all? or will i have to get the board replaced at $280...

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HL-R6167w No screen - no chime

Postby Jason1976 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:28 am

yes most likely the digital board. you can ether have the solder reflowed from this guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

or you can buy a replacement digital board. the reflow may work or it may not. If it works it will save you a lot of money.

I just looked and he has the reflow on sale and if it doesn't work it he refunds 50 dollars. so it looks like if it doesn't work it will only cost you about 7 dollars. plus whatever it cost to ship it to him.

srjy2k2
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srjy2k2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:17 am

well new digital board and nothin, acting exactly the same as before? what are the odds of a bad board from samsungparts? looks like the dmd board is 1 arm and 2 legs. and i can't afford that.... Is there anything i coulda missed? do i have to program new board or switch over a part i missed?

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 am

srjy2k2
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srjy2k2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:06 pm

I figured the analog board was like a PC where only 1 plug can go into 1 socket, but the analog board was nice enough to have a 4 pin plug that fits into 2 diffent sockets, from wire length i would assume it would go in the one further away but hey i throw it back together (again) with the 4 pin in the 3.3v socket instead of the 5v socket. looks like the 4 pin goes to menu, volume, and channel selector on side of tv tho... any other reasons why i get power to lamp, balast, color wheel and everything else, but no display at all from DMD? Does the dmd power up the analog board then analog board powers digital board? or does the analog board divide power to digital and dmd? i have a little circut board that obviously goes to power switch, door switch, couple fans and temp sensor, then a ribbon cable with 3 wires to dmd, and another ribbon with 10 wires to analog board. I see led lights on analog board on but i dunno. Anyone ever seen an analog board keep display from showing anything?
If anyone want a visual i can upload some pics. by the time i order every peice of the TV i'll have a parts storage facility on my hands...

srjy2k2
Contributor
Contributor

Postby srjy2k2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 am

Bingo! problem solved, word for everyone, watch where u remove the 4 pin wire from. there are 4 different ports you can plug it into on the analog board if you pick the wrong one... TV wont turn on. Ultimate fix was digital board thx for all the help from ninja and everyone else. If anyone needs help or schematics for HL-R6167w. i've now become rather familiar with this model, and feel free to msg me or drop an email. srjy2k2@yahoo.com if anyone wants my old digital board for a re-flow b4 i send it in for $50 core lemme know and u can have it for same price.

old symptoms
-green checkerboard on cable in, a\v in, but OK on HDMI
-eventually lost power-on capabilities and no chime from samsung on powerup
-dlp lamp on, color wheel spinning, balast quiet
-led lights on front normal, lamp flashing on for 20 secs or so

4967 hours on lamp and still kickin
Good luck to All

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 pm