DLP Keeps Blowing Lamps

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dhughes214
Contributor
Contributor

DLP Keeps Blowing Lamps

Postby dhughes214 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:46 am

I've been searching this site (and several others), and I haven't found anything related to a problem like mine, so if anybody has any ideas i would really appreciate it. So my HLN467w's lamp went out. No biggy right? Wrong. I ordered an off-brand replacement off ebay (I know a lot of people don't trust the offbrands but I had one of these lamps in my tv for the previous 3 years with no problems) and replaced it. Turned the TV on, and picture came up right away, looked great. There was a slight noise ( I'm not good at describing noises, it's kind of a buzzing noise, sort of like the emergency broadcast system), I can't even be sure if the noise was there before the lamp change or not as I was never really within 5 feet of the tv while it was on. It's in our game room. Anyway, within 30 seconds, the tv shut off, and all 3 lights were blinking, the temp light was red. It didn't go on long enough for me to get the sequence of blinking. When I turned it back on, the lamp light flashed green. Pulled out the lamp and sure enough it was blown. What could cause lamps to blow so fast? I'll provide more info as I remember, or as you guys ask. Again, thanks so much in advance for any advice.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”