Samsung HLR6167W NEW bulb-tv turns on/off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
danimarie23
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLR6167W NEW bulb-tv turns on/off

Postby danimarie23 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 pm

I have a 61'' Samsung HL-r6167W that we bought "unused" from one of those stores that sells "display models." Got a great deal on it and it's worked GREAT for about 10 months. THe other day, one of the bulbs blew out and made a crackling sound. We went to Best Buy, ordered a new bulb in the mail. Just got it and we put it in (boyfriend is an electrician so we did it right)... the TV turned on to the blue screen (we didnt have any components plugged in and it said Component 1) and then after about 2 seconds, just shut off. We heard a little squeaky fan noise that kept going for a few seconds even when the TV was totally unplugged. Everything sounded normal starting up, maybe a little louder than usual, but once the TV shut off, the "Standby/Temp" light kept flashing until I finally unplugged the computer.

Obviously we fixed the bulb, but NOW what's the problem!? Any help would be SO appreciated!!!

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: Samsung HLR6167W NEW bulb-tv turns on/off

Postby Jason1976 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:22 am

check the safty switch on the back of the tv that moves when you put the lamp cover back on. make sure you didn't brake it. also when the tv is off press mute 1 8 2 power and try to go into the service mode. you can pick the kind of lamp you bought and the watts of the lamp. also you could of bought a bad new lamp. but these tv's will shut off right away if that switch isn't closed for the lamp door.

danimarie23
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLR6167W NEW bulb-tv turns on/off

Postby danimarie23 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 am

I accidentally posted this twice, and I've gotten that same response from you and someone else. What does the safety switch look like?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”