Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Manuel
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5067WX/XAA wont turn on

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing ok. I have a Samsung HLR5067WX/XAA, a few day ago I was playing xbox and notice sometimes my TV had this wide blue line crossing the screen from top to bottom, it was doing that for a few days. Later on the week I was playing again and heard a noise like something broke and the screen started to flicker and there was no color. I immediately turn my xbox off then the TV, wait a few hours to turn it back on and all I hear is this buzzing sound, "zzuummmm" and a clicking sound like when you start you tv, after a few minutes the buzzing sound stops and the 3 light start flasing, timer, lamp and standby.

any guess? I just dont want to buy parts that are no damage. thank you very much!

Manuel
Caguas, P.R.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: HLR5067WX/XAA wont turn on

Postby darkart77 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:21 pm

This definitely seems like a color wheel gone bad. The noise is the first indicator, flickering and color turning b&w.
The color wheel can be easily replaced. There are numerous vendors but the fellas at discount-merchant.com actually offer over the phone trouble shooting just to make sure they find the right part you may need to replace.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLR5067WX/XAA wont turn on

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Hello Manuel.
I would definitely agree with darkart77. That sound like a color wheel problem, you can open up the tv just to make sure. If you find it shattered or broken, then bingo, there is the cause of your problem.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”