Samsun DLP 67" HL67A510J1F

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
hwsagent05
Contributor
Contributor

Samsun DLP 67" HL67A510J1F

Postby hwsagent05 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:31 am

I have a 67" Samsung DLP that stopped working. It belongs to a friend and she has no idea what to do. When it is turned on there is brief flash of sound then nothing. I have checked the lamp door switch and and it seems to be working. When I turn on the set I noticed the lamp will strobe for 15 seconds or so then stop for 15+ seconds then strat strobing again. When it is first turned on the lamp light flashes then after 30 seconds to 1 minute all three lights start flashing. I pulled the lamp and re-installed and the same thing. Shut off power for a few hours and then tried again and same thing, strobing and all lights doing the same thing as before. Does anyone know if that is the ballast or the lamp? If the ballast what is the part number?

I am new but I have been reading and it seems like it may be the ballast or the lamp or both. Any idea what the most likely the problem is? My Samsung is a model HL67A510J1F.

hwsagent05
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsun DLP 67" HL67A510J1F

Postby hwsagent05 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:20 am

Does anyone ever come here to answer any of the posted questions?

hwsagent05
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsun DLP 67" HL67A510J1F

Postby hwsagent05 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:54 pm

After getting ZERO help here I figured it was a ballast issue. I bought a ballast and a new lamp and installed the new ballast and the original lamp lite right up and the picture came but was a little dim. At least I know the real problem was the ballast. I replaced the lamp and got a bright picture so all was good.

The picture seems to be strobing a little, kind of like what you get with a ceiling fan flashing light. So, I will try to find out what that is but I am thinking that maybe the lamp is the problem since it didn't do this with the old lamp even though it is dim.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”