HL-R4667W freezes, sound works, shuts off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bylebo
Contributor
Contributor

HL-R4667W freezes, sound works, shuts off

Postby bylebo » Sun May 09, 2010 3:41 am

Hello, I have a HL-R4667W. It will not turn on at all. For the last 2 weeks or so screen freezes, sound still works, then it shuts off and comes back on. Now nothing, will not turn on. It has a fairly new bulb, less than 1 year old. The HDMI is the only input that works. Should I repair or go shopping?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HL-R4667W freezes, sound works, shuts off

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon May 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Hello bylebo.
There is a very high probability that the analog video board might have some kind of malfunction. You see, when you have a problem with the picture and you’re using a digital signal cable (HDMI, VGA computer monitor & DVI) then the problem could be related to the digital board, how ever if you are using a analog signal cable to get the video (component cable, coaxial, s-video, etc.) then the main suspect would be the analog video board.
There is an old post that explains this issue in a little more detail.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
My recommendation is that you first inspect the analog board for any swollen capacitors or damaged circuits.
If you find any you can replace them with no problem, how ever if you want to save the hassle then go buy a new one.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:20 pm

does the lamp light on the front of the tv keep flashing? and you can see the lamp lighting up if you look at the vents in the back of the tv? if so then most likely the digital board. if you don't hear the start up sound is also. the issues you said about earlyer sounds like the digital board. very comon issue with this model number. hlr4667w threw hlr6167w are known for his issue.

bylebo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bylebo » Tue May 11, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks for the replies

The lamp light blinks, I can hear it try to come on, no snap crackles or pops, just a hum and I can see light in he back through the vents. I was wrong about the age of the bulb. I had the lamp and the ballast replaced Nov. 21, 2008. Awhile back I move the set and when I connected it the component inputs wouldn't work. The HDMI worked so I thought it was the component cable and never investigated further.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:09 am

I would say its the digital board. hlr5067w is compatable and can be found on discount merchant for less then samsungparts.com do a search for hlr5067w digital board. then you can see a part number and do a search by the part number to find the best price. if you do a search for hlr4667w digital board you wont find one. if you go to www.samsungparts.com you will see it list that they are compatable.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”