DLP turns off on it's own/fading picture & buzzing

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
MichaelDonaldson

DLP turns off on it's own/fading picture & buzzing

Postby MichaelDonaldson » Sun May 09, 2010 4:15 pm

My Samsung DLP HL-S5086W is having multiple problems. I purchased the TV roughly 3-4 years ago. It began with the TV automatically turning itself off after about 90 minutes. It quickly became worse and now shuts off after about 20 minutes. When I power it back up, it will make a wierd buzzing sound. Now suddenly (almost overnight) the picure it really dark. My research tells me I should replace the Lamp. Any suggestions? If it is the lamp that needs replacement, where do you reccomend I purchase the new lamp?

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: DLP turns off on it's own/fading picture & buzzing

Postby johnrot » Mon May 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi, one question have you ever replaced the lamp before?????? if you havent it is about time, but anyway those symptons mean that you need to replace the lamp, dimmmer picture, tv turning on and off also that buzzing sound it could be the ballast, if you replace the lamp and tv is not turning on it is most likely the ballast too. :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Crowguys » Wed May 12, 2010 11:25 pm

Hello

Is the buzz just a buzz or is it like holding up a piece of cardboard up to a spoke of a bike wheel when the wheel is spinning? If is sounds like that it might be the color wheel.

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Thu May 13, 2010 1:32 pm

sup! crowguys, OK i see do you hear any winding, whirling or screeching noises, the color wheel spins at ultra high RPM so if that is a sound related to a mechanical sound it could be the color wheel if the sound is an electrical sound like buzzing it could be the ballast, hope this helps. :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”