Samsung Dlp

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jimb
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung Dlp

Postby jimb » Mon May 10, 2010 2:10 pm

I have a Samsung DLP model # HLR5067WX/XAA VERSION PU L620 First the picture has checker board squares on itand picture jumps in any mode. Now the sound is garbled. Do you have any ideas on what the problem is and if parts are available. Is it cost effective to fix?

Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung Dlp

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Hello jimb.
To be honest I could help you a little more if you could post a picture of the problem, but here goes.
There is a high possibility it might be the DMD board that’s defective and the source of your picture problem. Try pushing the TV menu button, if the menu is also affected by the checker board squares, then that makes the possibility of a malfunctioning DMD board even stronger.
There is an old post that explains in more detail this problem.
Keep me posted.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:28 pm

This set is known for digital board issues. we talked about this same issue before. Most likely it's the digital board and not the dmd board or analong board. hlr4667w threw hlr6167w are known for this issue.

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Pa ... 2084A.aspx

the price went up. it used to be 188 and now it's over 300 dollars.

it can be bought from discount merchant for less. they have another part number do a search by your tv's model number.

jimb
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jimb » Wed May 12, 2010 12:15 am

When i press the tv menu button the background does have a green checker board pattern. when i enter the tv setup and test the DMD is says ok. How can I test anything else?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed May 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Hello again jimb.
So the menu background has green checkers but the actual menu is unaffected? If so, then the main suspect may be the digital board, you could inspect the board physically for any swollen capacitors or cold soldering, how ever if your not very technical, I suggest you buy a new one.
Look for the part number printed on the board so you get the exact one.
Here is a listing of Samsung digital boards so you can get an idea of what part number to look for & the shape of the board.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

jimb
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jimb » Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 pm

I did not recieve any of the listing you sent. What would be the part number of the digital board?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”