Samsung DLP 4663 WX/XAA will not turn on ( help)

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
9470bryan
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung DLP 4663 WX/XAA will not turn on ( help)

Postby 9470bryan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Hello and here we go :D

I have read untill my eyes are bleeding, i have a few questions if you guys dont mind. and thanks in advance.

My Samsung HLP 4663 WX/XAA is a 2004 Model , and it has been a great Tv, allot say they wont ever buy samsung again and i understand there frustration, but mine has been great, what other kind of tv can you watch for 7 years, and then put a new bulb in a have a brand new bright and clear view.

Well this is all good but now mine will not start up on it's own.i replaced the bulb about 6 monthes ago i guess and all has been great, it had 13000 hours on it. My new Philips bulb in and all was good untill the , 3 try's to start and three blinking lights, and i had the turn off problem , while watching, with the lamp door switch( took care of this with a jumper wire on the plug that goes into the toggle switch)..

Ok so thru all my reading i have narrowed the problem down to Power Board or the Lamp Ballast, color wheel is spinning with rpm noise, but nothing very loud, and the screen is very clear and bright, when the tv comes on.

I have 5 volts to the small plug coming from the DMD board , on i think 1 , 3 , and 5 contacts, ,
I have 308 Volts to the ballast, comeing from the Power board, this is what i need to know, if this is low and not sending enought voltage to fire the ballast,i have read that it should be 325 to 380 volts, but have read one time that it should be around 300 volts.
I have force started the ballast and it fires and runs by soldering it, but with this done the bulb will not turn off when the tv power button is pressed to turn off the tv, you have to un plug it,(did not let it run long enought lke this to heat the lamp much,so unpluging it would not let it get to hot without the fans) so i have soldered a push button on to this so i can momentary force start the ballest when turning the tv on to watch it for now.

Also while sticking the probes of the volt meter into the plug on the ballest end that comes from the power board to the lamp ballest to check the voltage, i have had the lamp fire and tv start and run fine ,?????? i have checked the wire comeing form the power board and omed it , and all looks good there. ???

1. what is the voltage that the tv runs at coming from the power board,I have 308 volts
2. does the voltage stay the same after the bulb fires, or does it change while the tv is playing
3. Is 308 volts enough to fire the the lamp ballest
It appears that everything else is working like it should, so does this look like the power board or the lamp ballast.
Last edited by 9470bryan on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

9470bryan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLP 4663 WX/XAA will not turn on (HELP

Postby 9470bryan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Wow , no one with any ideas. was hoping to get some help before i started ordering parts.

9470bryan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung DLP 4663 WX/XAA will not turn on

Postby 9470bryan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:13 pm

HELP HELP, no one, tv is still dong same thing, i dont know if jumping the ballest to start it is hurting it or not, or running the bulb at 308 volts is.

9470bryan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung DLP 4663 WX/XAA will not turn on ( help)

Postby 9470bryan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Ok , i see no one knows anything about samsung around here, so here is an update, my son goes in on saturday afternoon and turned the tv on, and it fires up just fine, well i go turn the tv around and check voltage to the ballast from the power supply and it is 380 to 440 volts, so i guess my best bet is to get the power supply.the tv ran all day and late into the night with no problems untill turned off. but it has not come on by itself since my just pushing the power button, i have to force start the ballest then it runs fine.and when i force start the ballest the power supply only puts out 308 volts. ????

Return to “Samsung Discussion”