Replaced Color Wheel and now DVIorHDMI dont work

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Replaced Color Wheel and now DVIorHDMI dont work

Postby Crowguys » Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 am

Just replaced the color wheel on my samsung HL-P5063W no problem there. But when I turn it on in the Source List the only things I can get to are just the TV, VCR, and Conponent 1. I have taken the back off again and resetted the DVI cable and backtracked my work and noting looks out of place. Any ideas anyone???

Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Replaced Color Wheel and now DVIorHDMI dont work

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue May 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Hello Crowguys.
Let me see if I got this right, after the replacement of your color wheel, you only get the TV, VCR & Component on your TV menu. So the rest like, PC, VGA & HDMI are disabled? Another question is, when you hook up a device (like a DVD player) using a component cable, do you get perfect picture?
If so then it’s very probable that you only need to reconnect the rest of the cables and turn on the devices that are missing on the menu so that the TV can recognize them again. The probable explanation for this is that the TVs’ menu memory got wiped out when you opened it up and installed the color wheel. So when you connect a new device the TV’s processor will recognize it and show up in the Source Menu.
Hope this helps out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Crowguys » Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Yes you are correct all I have is the TV, VCR, and Components the rest are shaded out. I have a DVD/VCR combo so i run the DVD thru the VCR componet and I did not play a DVD to check. Though the analog channels i do get have a really crappy picture thru the cable in the back of the TV. I unplugged both the DVI and the HDMI connections to the TV while I had the back off and when I finished i put them back in. My question is should theTV be plugged in to the power before I connect the DVI or HDMI? And the picture on the basic cable is bad but the colors look good. Thank you for the help I spent 6 hours last night going over and looking over my connections. If you have anymore info that would be great!

Thanks again
Crowguys

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue May 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello again Crowguys.
So you get picture in the analog inputs, the have bad picture but good color. My recommendation is that you double check all of the cables inside of the TV that you disconnected; first thing to look for is if any pins on the cable where twisted, or not fully connected. One you have completed and double check inside and you still get the same thing, then I would suspect then it’s a software issue. What you can try is, get into the TV’s service menu ( mute 1 8 2 power ) and reset the digital video trough there.
Hope this works.

Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Crowguys » Tue May 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks for the info I will try it tonight when I get home to see if that works I will post on here when I find out anything.
Thanks again for your help

Crowguys

Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Replaced Color Wheel and now DVIorHDMI dont w

Postby Crowguys » Wed May 12, 2010 4:15 am

I got home and I tried the TV again just to see if it just fixed itself but it didn't. I found Some componet cables and I hooked them up to the tv and they work just fine. So I have HD and the picture looks great. The new cor wheel makes the picture pop out, but I still do not have access to the DVI or HDMI as they are still shaded and cannot access them thru the source list. I am fine for now but if anyone has any ideas why the will not work or have had ths problem I would like to hear from you.

Thanks
Crowguys

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed May 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Have you tried resetting the software on the service menu back to factory settings?
I’m seriously suspecting that might be a software issue. If you’re not to sure with messing up your tv I suggest you find a service manual online to determined exactly where you can reset the software on you service menu.
Good luck.

Crowguys
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Crowguys » Wed May 12, 2010 5:37 pm

I know how to get to the service menu mute 1 8 2 power but which one of the options do I go into to reset it?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”