Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tazmann007
Contributor
Contributor

ID the Ballast

Postby tazmann007 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Hello All -

I really need to ID the ballast before proceeding.

The first ballast failed and was returned to the vendor - Several other issues with them, but thats not why I'm here either.

DM did not and still doesn't have a BP96-0060A in stock, called them and was referred to Samsungparts to order, ok did that it arrived this am and I suspected it was not the right ballast from the start, but electronics manufacturers change out boards and components on those boards over time and the TV is about 4 years old.

It looks like a BP47-00037A rather than the BP96-00690A that is being called for, and has the same overall appearence but is deffinately not the same. However the box it came in is maked to reflect the 00690A.

Called Samgsung Tech Support and J&J Intl for clarifications - Absolutely no help from either -- Call a Tech or buy a parts manual is about all I got out of them, not a happy camper right now! I specifically asked if it was the correct board and/or interchangable, no one could tell me???

So, is the BP96-00690A the ONLY acceptable ballast, and does anyone have a digital picure they can share, I am not looking for the entire service manual just piture of the ballast. Or, confirm or deny they are interchangable - Although I doubt it, the TV is cycling but does not come on. I only get the "Standby and Lamp" lights on the front - Is that good or bad thing???

Thanks in advance, I really want to get this back up and be doen with this project!

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: ID the Ballast

Postby Jason1976 » Sun May 16, 2010 2:04 am

it maybe compatable. if samsungparts.com shipped it to you. give it a try. if it doesn't work. they them know they sent you the wrong part.

tazmann007
Contributor
Contributor

Re: ID the Ballast

Postby tazmann007 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks Jason,

I did actually did that when it arrived just after talking with them, reluctantly as I didn't want to "use" the part just in case it needs to be returned.

I took a side by side picture to include in this post (compressed) - The new one is on the left, while the old one is on the right, as you can see they are NOT the same component wise.

Tazmann
Attachments
Ballasts.JPG
See above comments
Ballasts.JPG (34.1 KiB) Viewed 4833 times

Return to “Samsung Discussion”