Could it be the lamp ballast?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Robin

Could it be the lamp ballast?

Postby Robin » Mon May 17, 2010 3:05 am

I was given a Samsung DLP 42 in tv. HLR4266WX/XAA I was told it needed a new lamp. I installed new lamp and worked for a couple days then loud noise. Bought and installed a new color wheel. Worked good for about a month than one morning I went to turn it back on and nothing. I get the flashing lights. timer/lamp/standby. Then it switches over and just flashes the lamp light. Its a brand new lamp. New color wheel. I've been reading around and it appears maybe its the ballast now. I looked up to buy a ballast and they say that it may be needed if I DON'T HEAR the clicking noise. But I DO HEAR the clicking noise like it wants to turn on or fire up the lamp but won't. Could this still be the ballast? I really like/liked this tv when I got it to work, but don't and really can't afford to keep putting money into it if its just gonna be one thing after the other and in the end I could've bought a new tv. Anyway, could it still be the ballast if I am hearing the clicking noise? Thank you for any help or suggestions you could give me.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Could it be the lamp ballast?

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello Robin.
I think you got it all wrong, or some one missed informed you. When you have a rear projection TV that uses a lamp, the tv wont turn on & you hear a clicking sound twice or more, then there is a strong possibility it might be the ballast that is not sending enough voltage to light up the new lamp. If not there is a small possibility that you might need to reset the lamp timer. Here is a post that tells you how to do it.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050
good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Robin

Postby Robin » Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi thank you for replying. When you said I had it all wrong. What exactly do you mean?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu May 20, 2010 3:56 pm

“I've been reading around and it appears maybe its the ballast now. I looked up to buy a ballast and they say that it may be needed if I DON'T HEAR the clicking noise. But I DO HEAR the clicking noise like it wants to turn on or fire up the lamp but won't”

In this case if you DO HEAR a clicking noise, it’s probably the ballast that’s gone bad, if you DON’T HEAR a clicking noise then it’s probably another component causing the tv to shut down.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”