TV turns off several seconds after powering on.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
reelmagic23664

TV turns off several seconds after powering on.

Postby reelmagic23664 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:39 pm

I have a Samsung Model; HLS426WX/XAA Tv will turn off several seconds after powering on. Had a guy look at the lamp and said it looks fine. What else could you suggest.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: TV turns off several seconds after powering on.

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue May 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Hello reelmagic23664.
First of all, how long ago did you replace your lamp? Have you cleaned the inside of your tv? Do you hear any noises coming from the back of the TV (any clicking, whining, whirling, or hissing), in most cases you can’t determine if a lamp is bad or good just by looking at it, here is a post that explains this 7 more about the lamps:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1263
Normally these lamps last between 2 -3 years under normal usage. If your lamp is in that range or more, then it’s probably time to replace the lamp. How ever if you do hear strange noises it could be something else.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

reelmagic23664

Postby reelmagic23664 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 pm

I have not replaced the lamp. There is no noise coming from the back. I will order a new lamp. So this should stop the tv from turning off 5-10 seconds after turnin on?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu May 20, 2010 3:29 pm

In theory, yes. You see the TV has multiple sensors, when the lamp is unable to turn on; the lamp sensor detects a anomaly and sends a signal to the DMD board. For security reasons the DMD then shuts the TV off. So again, theoretically it should fix your problem. if not then it might be another component.
Let me know how it turns out.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”