Intermittent elec. buzzing, no picture. HLR5678WX

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DLP14715

Intermittent elec. buzzing, no picture. HLR5678WX

Postby DLP14715 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 am

I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I have owned a Samsung HLR5678WX/XAA since late 2005. To date, the lamp has been replaced twice and the light engine once (all while under warranty - tech guy fixed it).

It has worked flawlessly for several years until a couple of days ago. I tried to turn it on and got no picture and the front three lights of death were blinking on the front panel. But this time was different - in addition I am getting an intermittent electrical sounding buzzing that occurs about every 15 seconds and lasts for about 3 or 4 seconds. It is coming from the bulb area but I just can't determine if it is the bulb, color wheel, ballast or a combination of these that is causing the buzzing noise. I'm not sure what to focus my attention on and was hoping people here could help me out.

The TV worked perfectly fine until this last time I turned it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Intermittent elec. buzzing, no picture. HLR5678WX

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu May 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello DLP14715.
If the buzzing noise is coming from the lamp the most probable cause could be the ballast, how ever the color wheel also makes a buzzing noise when it goes defective. My advice would be to first you clean the inside of your TV, so you can discard overheating as the reason for your problem. Second is that you inspect the color wheel physically so you can discard the buzzing coming from there.
If you have any other question, feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

dgalaxy

Re: Intermittent elec. buzzing, no picture. HLR5678WX

Postby dgalaxy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:38 am

I have the same problem other than the buzzing noise. The fan in making a louder noise than usual. The tech that came said the light engine needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive light engin for this TV. I also purchased this in late 2005 when this model (1080p) first came out.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”