Samsung HL-R6167W - Turns Off/On - On by itself

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DJHarris71

Samsung HL-R6167W - Turns Off/On - On by itself

Postby DJHarris71 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 am

Hello,

I have read through many forum pages, and unfortunately it seems these TVs have many issues, but none seem to be exactly like mine. However I think I have narrowed it down to 1 of three components. First, let me state my symptoms. My TV will work fine for many hours, then all of a sudden the picture will freeze, then the TV will turn off, then turn back on, and all is good. This problem slowly happens more often. To correct the issue I pull the plug, let it sit for a minute, then put the plug back in. All is good until it starts again. Another intersting aspect to this issue, is that the TV turns itself on. On many occasions, I will wake up in the morning, or return from work, to find my TV is on.

Overall my picture seems fine, however, there are times, when the above issue is occuring, that it starts to have flickerry lines horizonially across the screen.

A bit of history on my TV. Earlier this year I replaced the Analog board due to a green plaid screen on my RCA jacks, and last year I replace my bulb with an OEM part.

So back to my diagnosis from reading the forums. My number one contender, although not as common of an issue, is the power supply (is that the right way to describe this part?). Although it does not correlate to me, the ballast seems to be a common problem on this TV (could this be the issue?), and lastly DMD board (not sure what this is, it was just one of the common issues in the forums).

Can anyone provide some insight, and perhaps help me choose the correct part to replace? Thanks.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”