Blue Horizontal Dots on Samsung HLS5687W Screen

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
PTS

Blue Horizontal Dots on Samsung HLS5687W Screen

Postby PTS » Wed May 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Anyone know what could be causing the following issue I'm having with my 5687W?

As you can see from the photo, I have blue matrix-like dots that go horizontally across my screen no matter what input the TV is on. There's also a few green dots mixed in which are hard to see unless you walk up to the screen.

I'm hoping it's a bulb issue because I'm due for a change but I gotta feeling something else might be in play here.

Switching Game Mode On/Off causes these dots to move down and up about five inches. Depending on the mode of the TV, the position of the dots is different. The only time the dots disappear is when I switch to an input that's not receiving a signal.
Attachments
hdtv-blue-dots.jpg
hdtv-blue-dots.jpg (131.31 KiB) Viewed 3537 times

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Blue Horizontal Dots on Samsung HLS5687W Screen

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu May 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Hello PTS.
That horizontal dot matrix is very probable that its noise not being filtered trough the video boards. To determined which board is defective, try to enter the TV menu, if you are still able to see the horizontal dot matrix then that means that means the digital board is bad, because it’s allowing the noise to affect the menu. If the menu is displayed perfectly whit out any distortion, then the problem is before the signal reaches the digital board, that leaves the analog board as the prime suspect and you’ll probably need replacing.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”