Is this normal, Color Wheel sliding backwards?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
leadguy68
Contributor
Contributor

Is this normal, Color Wheel sliding backwards?

Postby leadguy68 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:04 pm

So my original color wheel was bad, no big deal I will replace it. I ordered a "new" one from DM and recieved it and installed as per the how-to guide. Well once I started up the tv it was quiet for a short period of time and then i started getting a intermittent grinding noise. When it would grind the picture on the screen would "jump" briefly and return to normal as soon as the grinding went away.

So I took it back out and the back of the color wheel seemed to be sitting right against the color wheel housing. The color wheel seems to be sliding backwards and grinding on the housing. The original one didnt do this, but the "new" ones does... when comparing the two the old one that is shot has very little play back and forth and the new ones seem to slide backwards almost to the point where it will come off the rotational axis.

Here is a picture indicating which direction it is sliding, it is sliding off the copper that it rotates on

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Is this normal, Color Wheel sliding backwards?

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri May 28, 2010 12:28 am

Hello leadguy68.
That sounds like a defective color wheel, have you called discount-merchant.com? They may exchange the part free of charge. Visit the web sites trouble shooting wizard for more details.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

leadguy68
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is this normal, Color Wheel sliding backwards?

Postby leadguy68 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks for the reply nightkid! This makes me rest assure that I wasnt just crazy that it was a bad part. I had called DM and they sent out a second color wheel, this one also had issues. I wasnt aware they sold "refurbished" used units.... so I returned both and have a brand new one coming from samsung. Hopefully this fixes the issue, thankfully DM was helpful and refunded my money for both.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”