HLR5657WX/XAA Helping Friend Repair

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
guitarman058
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5657WX/XAA Helping Friend Repair

Postby guitarman058 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 am

:!: I have been pretty lucky gettin these Samsung up and running and helping others do the same, but I have problems now. I walked into this deal trough a friend of mine his buddy had this HLR5657wx DLP given to him by a friend did not work no picture and I could also when turned on the old color wheel growling sound. I had him get a new color wheel to start which he did after I gave him part number and also number on bulb which he wanted to replace being that yelowish look to it from old age. He bought a complete unit with houseing being the old housing was showing signs of shredding. I put it all together for him and noticed that his DLP came on by itself. Played its little musical sound green lamp light flashed but no picture infact the The lamp will flash about 20 times system shuts down and red standby lamp comes on then you hear a clicking sound of DLP being turned on and green lap light stars all over. Remote will not turn off system, but noticed Timer lamp green comes on when working remote and also that there is no menue function showing on screen nothing. Any ideas or thoughts in the correct way so I can help this guy and get this monster out of my garage, Thanks. :roll:
[size=150]guitarman058, (Have a great day smile and pass it on)[/size]

[img]

[/img]

guitarman058
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLR5657WX/XAA Helping Friend Repair

Postby guitarman058 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:30 pm

This is the Howard tip of the day since I figured the problem out myself. Which brings up this, "DON'T BE A HOWARD"!!

Went out to garage and pulled the insides to retrace my steps on work done and found that Color Wheel Ribbon was installed backwards at at the Ribbon connection I turned it around problem solved case closed. The Samsung fired up color was better than new Mike was happy the owner and Football rang in their house for the weekend and all was well. Charlie thanks for the help... :D
[size=150]guitarman058, (Have a great day smile and pass it on)[/size]

[img]

[/img]

Return to “Samsung Discussion”