SAMSUNG 42 DLP HDTV screengoes black and turns off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
coleslaugh

SAMSUNG 42 DLP HDTV screengoes black and turns off

Postby coleslaugh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:12 pm

I have had this TV for four years. The picture continues to be awesome. The sound has never been as good, but it has lost no quality.

I had purchased a three-year extended warranty when I bought the TV as an open box at half of the retail price at a reputable store. I had to have the TV repaired four times during the warranty because it was intermittently turning off. Each service call resulted in the problem going away for a few months and then returning. The color wheel and lamper were each replaced at least once.

Over the past year, post warranty, we have had the intermittent turning off much less frequently. It seems to come and go without any other symptoms. About a week ago, the TV would turn on fine. In 30 seconds the screen goes black and the sound stays on. About ten seconds after that the TV goes off and the two green lights and the red light on the power button flash until I unplug the TV.

Any ideas from those of you with more experience with this kind of problem?

Thank you very much.

TNGSolutions

Re: SAMSUNG 42 DLP HDTV screengoes black and turns off

Postby TNGSolutions » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm having this exact same problem with my HLR5667W. I have already replaced the lamp and the digital board. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful.

Sean

Return to “Samsung Discussion”