Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Horizontal lines

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello Xunal.
My first recommendation is that you try to get a remote, mainly because you have very limited options for manipulating your TV, try to get the original remote if you can. As for your problem, those horizontal lines are probably caused by a defective DMD board, however to be extra sure you can do a small test, bring up the TV menu, see if the horizontal lines are still visible over the menu, if yes then its most definitely the DMD, if not then it could be the digital or analog board.
Here is an old post that describes these symptoms in more detail.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
Keep me posted on anything new.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Hello again Xunal.
Since the lines are not affecting the TV menu, there is a high probability that the digital video board is defective. Try to inspect it physically, see if you can detect any swollen capacitors or loose circuits on the board. If there are any bad capacitors you can remove them and install new ones, just go to your local electronics hardware store, bring the bad capacitor and see if they have replacements available. How ever if no such luck, you’ll have to replace the entire board.
As for your remote I think I found two places:
http://www.remotes.com/store/samsung/hln437wx.html
http://www.discount-merchant.com/SAMSUN ... 003318.htm
Good luck.

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm

also i recommend you not to turn on the Tv the thing is that if you replace the board and it fixes the lines and the tv keeps turning off it could be the lamp too because you dont know how old is the lamp????? just my recommendation :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:29 pm

Hmmm, that’s odd, are you sure that no one turn the TV while you where away? And buy the way; I can’t see the picture that you posted. Any way, all thing still point to the video board, keep us posted for any new developments.
Good luck.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”