Samsung HLT6176SX/XAA DLP TV

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
markst

Samsung HLT6176SX/XAA DLP TV

Postby markst » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Not sure if this is a problem, so here goes. When going to the menu's I noticed that the edges of the screen curve up slightly. It doesnt seem noticeable while watching movies, and I read a while back that a slight curve is normal for DLP's. I am not sure if this is a problem, and if the problem is commom, how much of a curve would be normal . Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung HLT6176SX/XAA DLP TV

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Hello markst.
This abnormality that you have detected on the TV menu. Dose it also affect the picture? Is it just the menu? Is it on all the inputs (HDMI, s-video, component cable, vga, etc)?
You see the only board in charge of the TV menu is the DMD board, if those slight curves are just affecting the menu, I don’t think you should worry much, but if it also starts to affect the picture you should consider replacing the DMD. If it only affects the HDMI & vga cable, it’s the digital video board that probably gone bad. If it’s the others then it’s the analog video board.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

markst

Re: Samsung HLT6176SX/XAA DLP TV

Postby markst » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks for replying. I've looked at the picture and it seems fine. Also the HDMI input is the only one I use and it works fine. It is only noticeable on the menu. Like I said previously I was on a Samsung Forum and was told if the difference on the menu was lesss than .5 an inch it was normal for DLP.. Just for grinns Ill look closer tonite and report back. Again thanks..

Return to “Samsung Discussion”