TV Resets settings every 30 minutes

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mgills88
Contributor
Contributor

TV Resets settings every 30 minutes

Postby mgills88 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi, I have a 50" Samsung hlt5075sx/xaa DLP TV. I have had it for around 3 and a half years. I've had a problem recently of the TV resetting the brightness settings that I had it at originally to a very dim 45 (I originally have it around 65). I thought that it might be a problem with the lamp so I replaced it but the problem still continues. Anyone have an idea what could be happening? Thanks!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: TV Resets settings every 30 minutes

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Hello mgills88.
Let me guess. You have never changed the lamp. Am I correct? This is a very common issue with bulbs that about to expire. The lamps go out two way: 1.- They implode (you hear a loud pop, the TV shuts off & no picture). 2.- They start to gradually loose their brightness. Here is a post that explain in more detail this issue.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1263
I personally would recommend you change the lamp, and while you’re at ic, clean the inside of your TV, don’t forget to reset the lamp timer if the tv dosent turn on after replacing the lamp.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

mgills88
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mgills88 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:40 pm

OK, I had replaced the bulb already but I'll go in and do some cleaning. I'll post back on here with some updates. Thanks for the quick response!

mgills88
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mgills88 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Ok, so I went in and did some cleaning. It still resets the settings after 30 minutes. Still doesn't make any sense why it keeps doing this.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Hello again mgills88.
Have you checked is all the fans are working properly? Because it sound like an overheating issue. If at least one fan where to malfunction, the temperature sensor on the TV would send a signal to the DMD board, thus shutting the TV off for security reasons.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”