HLN467W Flickers then goes blank

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jpmeyer01

HLN467W Flickers then goes blank

Postby jpmeyer01 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:31 am

Hello everyone,

My HLN467W recently went blank. The three lights were blinking, so I ordered a new bulb. I replaced the bulb and everything seemed to be working fine, for exactly one minute. Then the screen froze, got kind of pixelated with a bunch of strange colors, then went to black and white, then went blank. I tried to turn off the TV, but nothing worked short of unplugging the unit. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: HLN467W Flickers then goes blank

Postby johnrot » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi jpmeyer01

well for the symptpoms that you describe "Then the screen froze, got kind of pixelated with a bunch of strange colors", it seems that it is the DMD board but then the other symptom "black and white" it seems that it could be a colorwheel issue too or it only could be the DMD only, the DMD board is the one that processs the colors images pictures etc.. hope this info can help you :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLN467W Flickers then goes blank

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Hello jpmeyer01.
I would agree with johnrot, it’s between the DMD board and the color wheel. To be extra sure you might want to check the color wheel physically. See if there are any shattered pieces or a broken wheel. Also try spinning it manually see if it makes any staring noises.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”