High Pitch Noise coming out of a SamsungHLN5065W1X

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Henryg

High Pitch Noise coming out of a SamsungHLN5065W1X

Postby Henryg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:39 am

We've had this TV for over 3 years without a problem. It still works fine except it has a high pitch whine constantly while it's running which obviously goes off when the TV is turned off. My guess is that it's the cooling fan but not sure after reading some of the other posts regarding noises on other types of DLP sets. Would like to get the right part and replace it my self. Anyone out there run into this sound and figured out what the fix was?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: High Pitch Noise coming out of a SamsungHLN5065W1X

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Hello Henryg.
There are two possibilities here. The first one is the fans, there is a small possibility that one may be clogged with dust or have something stuck. So my suggestion is that you clean the inside of the TV free of dust & mold. My second suspicion would be the color wheel, you can physically inspect it, and see if there are any shattered pieces or some thing stuck there. You can do this after you’ve clean the inside of the TV.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Henryg

Re: High Pitch Noise coming out of a SamsungHLN5065W1X

Postby Henryg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll clean it out first, then check the color wheel. If I still have the issue, then I'll beging replacing parts I've already ordered. Let you know what the results are. Again, thanks.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”