Samsung DLP HLN437WX/XAA-Lamp Question

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
coloradoboy
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung DLP HLN437WX/XAA-Lamp Question

Postby coloradoboy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm having a little trouble being sure which lamp goes with this model number DLP set. I ordered a BP96-00224C based on what the vendor's websites recommended, but the power jack was a different shape. Based on pictures, the 224B and 224A match. Has anyone else substituted successfully?

Also reading these forums got me wondering about the color wheel or other components. I assume I need a lamp as I'd never replaced it in over 5 years, the picture seemed to be dimming and the start up time got way long. Eventually, I got white flashes in the picture when the lamp was hot, especially with bright subjects. Are these symptoms indicative of other problems?

Thanks for the help.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung DLP HLN437WX/XAA-Lamp Question

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello coloradoboy.
The Samsung BP96-00224 series has two types of connectors depending on the final letter of the part number.
The most common type of connector is the black AC. This means that the lamp & cables don’t have polarity, so it doesn’t matter if you switch the cables connected to the lamp.
Here is how it looks like.
BP9600224E-001-BG.jpg
BP9600224E-001-BG.jpg (65.4 KiB) Viewed 7969 times

The second connector is the brown DC. This connector has polarity, so it’s very important you connect the positive on the top terminal of the lamp & the negative on the side terminal. If they are connected the other way around, the lamp might explode when you turn it on.
Here is a pic of the second connector.
BP9600224B-001-BG.jpg
BP9600224B-001-BG.jpg (59.11 KiB) Viewed 7969 times

If you have you original enclosure, compare it with the new one you got. If it’s different then you need to call the vendor and tell him you got the wrong product.
Hope this help you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

coloradoboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby coloradoboy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:53 pm

That's exactly what the problem was. I asked the vendor to swap out the parts, even sent a picture of the correct connector, but they were completely uninterested in helping (other than refunding). I'll name names - Advanced Lamps. Can't recommend them. I'll order the 224A and hope for the best. Thanks!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello again coloradoboy.
That’s tough luck. I also used to do business with them, but when they send me three wrong parts here at the shop in a row, I moved on to another vendor.
Give these guys a try, so far I haven’t had any mayor issues with them.
http://www.discount-merchant.com/
good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

coloradoboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby coloradoboy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:56 am

Well, still need some help. Got a new lamp. It seated just fine, started right up and was bright and clear, nice improvement from the old lamp. For about two hours...then I got the same intermittent flashing I had with the old lamp. Gradually got worse until it was unwatchable, worse with bright subjects. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby Crowell » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Son now the TV won’t turn on again? Have you tried resetting the lamp timer? If not here is my old post with instructions. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050
However if you are also experimenting problems with the picture (color, blurriness, flashing, distortions, etc) then you may have a different problem, since the lamp just produces bright white light.
It would be recommendable you describe your problem with a little more detail, and a picture of the problem could help us troubleshoot your problem better.
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “Samsung Discussion”