HC-P4241W greenish color blue isn't displaying

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Jake71

HC-P4241W greenish color blue isn't displaying

Postby Jake71 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:36 am

Hi,

I've searched for a relative post, I'm looking first to diagnose my problem then find parts.

Currently my 42" rear projection model number HC-P4241W displays decent sharp picture, except the blue color isn't correct. Even after trying to adjust the color scheme setting via the menu, I have had no success. I concluded it is something mechanical for sure. Lamp, ballast, or wheel I'm told are the most common issues. I'm thinking lamp, but I need confirmation.

I have no "popping", no burn smell, nothing just that the blue doesn't display properly. Or white for that matter. Everything has a greenish yellow tinge to it.(depending how I manually adjust the color scheme)

On the rear of the set there is a peep hole compartment that I can open and I can see the three guns blue, green, and red. I can see that the blue side is not anywhere near as bright as the other two.

I have downloaded the manual from the Samsung Canada website and the "how to", however it's by no means accurate to my television.

In Canada they list samsungparts.com as the contact for OEM parts, however upon calling them they were not able to tell me what lamp goes with my set. The model was built in 2004, it was my brothers before it was mine, and he bought it new in '05.

I would appreciate any guidance on this issue.

Thanks,

Jake

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HC-P4241W greenish color blue isn't displaying

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello Jake71.
You may not know this but your TV is a CRT rear projection, which basically means that instead of a lamp that emits white light, it has three lamps (a blue, red & green). So when one color starts to fade away, that means you need to change the lamp of the color that you’re having problems (in your case the blue one). To be honest, I really don’t know where you could buy one, at the top of my mind I could recommend you e-bay.com but last time I checked they where discontinued.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”