HLR5067WX won't detect inputs

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
maxx

HLR5067WX won't detect inputs

Postby maxx » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:50 am

Hi guys, I have a HLR5067WX. got it from my friend, he had the screen going upside down on it so he just got a new TV. I've used the 1-8-2 code to properly get the screen back the right way.

My issue is that the TV won't detect any input sources whatsoever. I've tried analog, components, RCA's, HDMI, and none of them work, the TV just displays "no input devices detected."

been searching around and haven't found another case of this anywhere. The back of the TV is off and I've checked all the connections and they appear to be good.

am I looking at a new board, and which one if so?

Thanks,
Maxx

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLR5067WX won't detect inputs

Postby ChubbsTech » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Hello maxx.
Before we proceed I would like to ask some questions regarding the previous owner. Do you know if he attempted to repair the TV before he gave it to you? If so, did he replace the digital board? if that’s a second yes, then there is a high probability that the board inside is from another Tv model, but same size. You see I’ve had the exact same problem when some customers come in to the shop with a defective digital board, I order the part, but they send me a similar one, based on the TVs size do to the fact that they are out of stock on the original.
Se when I installed it I get the inverted picture. The only way to correct this is by having the correct board.
If there is an original board installed on the TV, try to reset the settings to factory default on the digital board, because this may be a software issue. To do this you will need to remove the board from inside the TV, and press a small gray button near the processor & memory chips.
One last thing, you might also what to double check that all the cables are properly connected inside the TV, there is a very small chance that all the TV has is a disconnected cable, you never know.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”