LED DLP hdtv -"red" led out

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Groovydawg

LED DLP hdtv -"red" led out

Postby Groovydawg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:03 am

problem; Red LED out and has green/blue picture only.
Hello, I have a Samsung HL61A750A1F LED DLP hdtv.
Manufacture date was Dec 2008. I purchased new in Jan 2009. Has had a perfect picture until last week all of a sudden the screen went blank or black.
It had sound, I did not notice if LED's were on or blinking. I turned off tv and waited a minute, then turned it back on and had picture but no "RED". The LED's on front do not blink
and do not stay on while tv is on. On the menu tv indicator, the "red" color is out.
The Samsung repair shop is 45 miles away and only make house calls. He said may be "LED" is out or the "power supply" to it is bad. I want to fix tv myself if I can.
It will cost me $95 for the house call and up to $500 for parts and repairs.
PLEASE let me know if I can do anything myself and where to get parts.
Thanks in advance, Jesse.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: LED DLP hdtv -"red" led out

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Hello Groovydawg.
I’m going to be really honest with you, if you have an expired warranty you’re probable going to have to shell out big cash. My first suggestion is try to call Samsung, see if the warranty can cover the repair. If not then in order to repair it your self, your going to have to buy a red led on the internet that the exactly the same as the one in your TV. How ever those light projection engines are very delicate & expensive, so unless you know what you’re doing, I suggest you let the pros do the fixing.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Groovydawg

Re: LED DLP hdtv -"red" led out

Postby Groovydawg » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:23 am

Thanks for your help/ reply nightkid. I did find out today that the credit card I purchased the tv on was a "Platinum" visa card, so they double the warranty.
Lucky me!!! The credit card co will reimburse me on the approved repairs. Hopefully soon.
thanks again, I will let you know how it goes and any info I find out about the repair. 8-)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”