HELP! Samsung SP50L6HD Broken :(

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Punkage

HELP! Samsung SP50L6HD Broken :(

Postby Punkage » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello!

Wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having with the above mentioned TV

I bought this unit second hand off an old housemate for £300 about 2 years ago now and it did have "some" problems back then, screen would disappear for a second or two and come back a few times on start up, sometimes it wouldn't start up for a while, and also wouldn't let me scan for channels or have any signal...but all in all it worked fine

Last week I powered it on after being away for a few days for it to hum on but then a rapid beeping sound would start and after a while it would power off, it does this two or three times and then the lights on the power switch "Timer" "Lamp" and "Standby/Temp" would start flashing

Looking up the light code this apparently means the lamp has gone, so I bought a new lamp, installed it and still the same problem...took the whole projection subassembly out and I've taken it apart and cleaned it all up and still nothing.

Looking more on the internet I found that its either the colour wheel or the ballast, I've just replaced the ballast with a new one and I even took the colour wheel out and checked it was running when powered on which it is

Does anyone know what it could be? Anyone know where I can get parts for this TV too? Not looking to spend hundreds of pounds on it as if its too expensive I'll just buy a new TV

Cheers!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”