Only working input is HDMI, any suggestions

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
joefosho
Contributor
Contributor

Only working input is HDMI, any suggestions

Postby joefosho » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:28 am

Hi first post on the forum here, I have a Samsung 50" DLP Model #HLR5067WAX/XAA, my concern is i cant seem to figure out why the HDMI input is the only working input, all other inputs when connected to any source, you can hear audio but the picture is all sorts of distorted, is there anything i can check on this that may help or do i need a part, another thing is i am not the original owner and i dont know if it has ever had a problem or needed a repair, please any help would be greatly appreciated....

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Only working input is HDMI, any suggestions

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello joefosho.
It appears that you’re TV has a bad symptom of a defective analog video board. You see the video board is divided in two, analog & digital; the majority of the signals (component cables, s-video, coaxial cable, etc.) are in analog form and in order for the TV (digital device) to understand the signal it needs a “translator” that would be the digital board. However since technology is advancing there are two commonly used digital signals. HDMI & VGA. Those two signals com directly to the Digital & do not pass trough the analog. Here is a link to an article explaining in more detail.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
If you do decide on buying a new one, look for a board online using the part number (It’s printed on the board) & TV model. Look for it on ebay, or if you don’t want to hassle take a look at the forum sponsor. http://www.discount-merchant.com/
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

joefosho
Contributor
Contributor

Postby joefosho » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm

I did a reset through the maintainence menu and all the iputs are working now, maybe they just needed to be reset

E2Grunt

Postby E2Grunt » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:51 am

I am having the same problem on the same model. How did you do the reset? I want to try that before I replace a board

joefosho
Contributor
Contributor

Postby joefosho » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 pm

on your samsung remote you press mute+1+8+2+power quickly and it will enter maintenance mode and there is an option to do a user reset select this and it should turn your unit of and reset it to factory settings. ( I did this and it worked, it still works now, hope this helps at all, replacing parts suck because they are so pricey)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”