samsung HL-R5067W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DNZL

samsung HL-R5067W

Postby DNZL » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey, I have a 50in samsung dlp that was working fine last night but this morning it is turning on for a couple of min. but has no pic. or sound then shuts off.
The tv has been acting up lately while watching the pic will freeze up then it will shut off and turn back on. Im not sure if its the lamp because it dosent have any of the light codes on the power button and It lights up in the back of the tv.
Original lamp, fan turns fine. thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: samsung HL-R5067W

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello DNZL.
These are very common symptoms when a lamp is going out. So there is a high possibility that it’s just the lamp. If you like to know more about these DLP lamps, here is one of my early posts. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1263
If you replace the lamp and that doesn’t fixes your problem, then the problem could range from a defective ballast (small circuit board that regulates the voltage), bad color wheel ( glass colored disc that give color to the white light emitted from the lamp), open lamp door, fan not functioning properly, etc.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

jackblack1313
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jackblack1313 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:09 pm

I did replace the lamp, and the replacement wasn't working. From the back, the lamp lights up, the fan goes on,but no picture, then shut back down. Would the ballast be bad if the lamp does fire up? Or would a bad color wheel shut it back down? I didn't want to just start changing parts, it's too expensive. Th samsung tech says it's the wrong lamp, the people I bought it from say it's correct...

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 pm

Hello jackblack1313.
Since the ballast does light the lamp up, and you are able to see the lamp turned on from the inside, then we can safely discard both as the reason for the TVs problems. I would focus on either the digital video board or a light engine problem (highly doubtful). Before buying a new one inspect the digital board for any swollen capacitors, if any are found you can replace them, another fix is to reset the digital video software. You can do that by either pressing a small round button, on the board near the processor & memory or on the menu.
Hope this helps you out.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

DNZL

Postby DNZL » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks for your help, kind off funny but my tv is working now after being off for 6 days kind of weird, I did nothing to it. :?

jackblack1313
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jackblack1313 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:08 am

nightkid.. i dont even know how my post ended up on this thread..but whatever. ive only gotten as far as the lamp door open. i will try to do the reset you spoke of. im going to open up the back now and look around. con you lead me in a direction of where its located so i can inspect the board...thanks in advance.... nice car btw.....

jackblack1313
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jackblack1313 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:39 am

looked around, no swollen caps.....but couldnt find any buttons or reset...

Return to “Samsung Discussion”