50" Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA Issues

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Devrous

50" Samsung HLR5067WAX/XAA Issues

Postby Devrous » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Over the course of three weeks the TV would seemingly "reboot" with increasing frequency. First it would last hours, then just an hour, then 10 minutes, etc. Now whenever it is plugged in it plays the start-up tones, the color wheel spins quietly, the ballast clicks, the lamp fires, an image appears with no problem at all and then after a second or two it seems to freeze for a moment, go dark, and "reboot" again. I tried just leaving it plugged in and ran some errands, but when I returned it had been in this infinite loop for well over an hour. I left it unplugged for days and tried again with the same results. The lamp is brand new and there is no tell-tale noise I'd expect from a bad color wheel. Besides, the picture looks fine for the second and a half it's on. I've seen similar issues all over the internet but none of them are quite the same. The fixes run the gambit from lamp to DMD chip and/or board.

Of course I'd like to not go out and buy every single possible part, going with trial and error until my wallet is empty. Anyone have any suggestions aside from "replace everything one by one?"

Again for clarity:
Lamp is new
Ballast fires correctly
No odd noises from Color Wheel

Return to “Samsung Discussion”