HLP5063W Powers off and back on

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
fernlab

HLP5063W Powers off and back on

Postby fernlab » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I have a HLP5063W that has been in service since Dec 2004. It had the color wheel replaced about two years ago. About a month ago, it began powering off once or twice when I first turned it on from a cold state - came right back on each time. Now it is happening several times each day when I first turn it on - still comes right back on. This does not appear to be a thermal issue as it happens when the set is first turned on and it does not happen once it warms up.

The set does have the original lamp and ballast. Any ideas? I'd be willing to replace the lamp and ballast but anything beyond that and it will probably be more cost effective to just buy a new TV.

I'd appreciate any help.
-Fernando

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLP5063W Powers off and back on

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Hello fernlab.
Wow almost 6 years, that quite a good lamp you have in there. Normally these lamps last from 2 -3 under normal usage. It sounds like a lamp that’s about to go out, so the best place to start is buy replacing the lamp, its cheaper and less hassle ( you don’t have to call a tech, and you don’t have to pay him). If that doesn’t fixes the problem then it could be something else.
If you have any other question feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”