Samsung startup problems

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
rockyroad217

Samsung startup problems

Postby rockyroad217 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 pm

I recently aquired a Samsung HLR5667w for free. The people I got it from said it wouldn't come on anymore. I took it home and replaced the color wheel and it fired right up. The picture on it was very dim so I checked the hours on the lamp in the menu and it was at 19,000 :shock: . I replaced the lamp with a new Samsung lamp and it has worked fine for the past month until last night. I turned it on like I normally do, and it made the startup noise, but the lamp never came on. It turned off after a few seconds and then restarted itself and it came on during that try. I watched it with no problems after it came on. Today, I turned it on and it did it again, except this time it restarted twice before coming on. There are no out of the ordinary lights on the front. When it's powering up the "Lamp" light flashes telling me it will be on in 15 seconds or however long, then it goes to the standby light and repeats trying to start up until it eventually does. I did notice, however, that it made a staticy sounding noise when it was starting up, but it quits as soon as the picture comes up. I'm thinking it could be the ballast, but would it only be a problem on startup? And why would it eventually come on? Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the novel, just trying to add lots of details.

rockyroad217

Re: Samsung startup problems

Postby rockyroad217 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm

...disregard this whole thread..I posted this thread a month ago looking for help. I have sold the tv since then. This forum needs some kind of work or someone to approve threads sooner than a month later...

Return to “Samsung Discussion”