TV Randomly Turns off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
noneofme

TV Randomly Turns off

Postby noneofme » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey, I've had my Samsung HL-R6167W for about 4 years. I replaced the bulb 6 months ago, but now periodically the TV will just turn itself off. If I try to turn it back on immediately it tries to come on, a whirring noise starts and it shuts off, trying to come back on 1 or 2 times then shuts off with three blinking lights. I have to wait about 15 to 20 minutes to turn it back on, then it will work for another short amount of time before it will do the same thing. I have reset the lamp timer, which seemed to stop the problem for a day and a half, but it started back up again. Do I have a fan issue or is something else going on?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: TV Randomly Turns off

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Hello noneofme.
Have you checked your color wheel? Normally when a color wheel is broken or defective it will make a whirling noise. To find out more about the color wheel rean this post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1254&p=4208#p4208
& if you don’t know where it’s located here is a small reference guide that might help you.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1315 I suggest you inspect the wheel physically, see if its damaged or not spinning freely when you do it manually.
One you have discarded the color wheel, we can proceed with other probable causes.
Keep me posted on any new developments.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”