Grainy blacks after replacing color wheel HLP5063W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
OperationIvy

Grainy blacks after replacing color wheel HLP5063W

Postby OperationIvy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Howdy

Just replaced the color wheel on my HLP5063WX/XAA. Everything almost looks right, but darker areas of the screen (especially blacks and shadows) look like compressed video - there is pixelation and a sort of blurring. What can I do to fix this? Is it some sort of recalibration, or is it a hardware thing?

See pictures for examples. Note how the shadows especially don't look right

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Grainy blacks after replacing color wheel HLP5063W

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Hello OperationIvy.
See if you can hook up a external device using a analog signal (component cables, s-video, etc.), now try another one using a digital signal (VGA or HDMI), if the problem still persist I’m thinking bad DMD board or wrong color wheel installed. If on one type of cable the picture is perfect and on the other one the problem persists then you have either a defective Digital video board or a defective Analog board. .
Here is a link that explaise all this in more detail, good luck. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

OperationIvy

Postby OperationIvy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:56 am

Just did the test, the problem does indeed persist for both kinds of feed. I've scheduled an appointment with a tech band I'll post what he finds. I had some trouble figuring out which wheel to order (and already ordered the wrong wheel once) so I'm betting that's it.

TWD

Postby TWD » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Dd you check the index delay in the service menu after you replaced the color wheel?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”