What is my next step

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
philbullock1223

What is my next step

Postby philbullock1223 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 am

My DLP TV is dead!

When I plug it in I hear nothing. The TV will not come on. I press power and nothing happens. Again, no screeching, clicking, or popping.

I have two lights blinking in the front. The TEMP light and the LAMP light are both blinking simultaneously. The TIMER light is NOT blinking.

I have pulled out the Lamp just to look at it. It does not looked burnt or bad in any way (in fact it looks new). This could just be the way lamps look when burn out. I expected to see a blackened bulb.

Any help would be great. I hope it is just the lamp and I can just get a new one. I am inexperienced with repairing TVs. I managed to get the lamp out, but that might be the line where I give it to a TV guy.

PLEASE HELP!!

Philip

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: What is my next step

Postby darkart77 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:03 pm

It's very possible that you have a power supply problem. Nothing seems to respond, typically the source can start there at the power supply board. Then again with out the tvs model number, age previous repairs it's hard to tell.
Post another inquiry and note all the symptoms along with the model and tv's age.
That'll help us a lot.

Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 am

The TV has been acting up for a while now. Sometimes it makes this loud horn type noise & we have to unplug it for a few minutes to get it to go away. Other times the screen is purple with no sound & we would turn it off and back on again. So far, these things have helped us. Eventually, these problems will probably get worse or last for longer. I am assuming it might be the projection bulb since they have a lifespan of around 5 years which is how old the TV is. I'm not totally sure it is the bulb its a Samsung 46" Flat Screen Projection TV I also got a 42 samsung SAME THING BUT THIS WILL RUN FOR 5 TO 10 MINS AND SHUT OFF AND I GET THE LIGHTS THAT COME ON I CANT SHUT IT OFF BY THE BUTTON ON SIDE OR TURN IT ON AND THE TEMP LIGHTS COMES ON I LOOKED INSIDE SEEMS FINE I PUT A FAN BLOWING ON THE VENTS AND THAT DIDNT WORK IM REAL GOOD AT FIXING STUFF I JUST NEED A PUSH IN RITE DIRECTION I HOPE YOU CAN HELP WITH THESE 2 TV S THANK YOU BOB

Resist58
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby Resist58 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 am

It is important to also know what happened prior to the TV not working. What sounds did it make?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”