TV turns off by itself

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
AT1984
Contributor
Contributor

TV turns off by itself

Postby AT1984 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 pm

I have a Samsung DLP TV HLR4666WX (I think, I'm at work, and don't have the exact model number), and it is turning off by itself. It will do this intermittently. If I leave it off for a few minutes (usually less than 5 minutes), It will turn back on, an works fine. It might stay on for hours...maybe not. It is intermittent.

It has done this 3 or 4 times in the past few days. The picture is getting a little dim, as it is about ready for a new lamp. I have replaced the lamp once, and the TV is almost 4 years old, so I'm not complaining. The color wheel was replaced under warranty (in home) back in January 2008. It was one that had the bad bearings in it. I don't think that is an issue.

I have searched the forums, and seen a lot of different answers...what is the most common issue that would cause this? the ballast?

Thanks!

AT1984

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: TV turns off by itself

Postby darkart77 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:49 pm

Question, Does everything shut off? It can also be the power supply board. Let me know if the tv shuts all together.

sharath

Postby sharath » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:34 pm

I own a samsung dlp tv model no. SP-56-L7HX and the lamp code BP-96-00677A. The problem with my TV is that it switches off and comes on automatically every 5 to 10 minutes. The picture is also become dim/dull. My technician says that because the lamp is gone that is why the problem is there. Please advice me as what may be the reasons for this as i am changing the lamp now. Would there be any other problem other than the lamp because the TV set keeps switching off and then comes on

dougvickie
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dougvickie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:32 pm

om my 5087 i'm getting the same thing. it just turns off by itself. the complete tv turns off. i turn it right back on and everything is fine. it could go for days or wks w/o doing it again. or it will do it a few days in a row. please help.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”