SAMSUNG DLP HLS5086W Multiple sound issues

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
TKO0921

SAMSUNG DLP HLS5086W Multiple sound issues

Postby TKO0921 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:58 am

I'm hoping to get some assistance on my DLP television.

First off our picture quality is OK, so I don't know if changing the color wheel wheel would help.

For some time, a crackling/static noise has come out of the speakers. By manipulaiting the volume/sound, that issue can be minimized.

More recently there have been occasional popping noises that the speaker makes, that also can be minimized with volume/sound control.

The most recent issue is a loud beep noise that the TV has been doing, which reminds me of an alarm clock or the sound that would be made by testing your smoke alarm. A few days ago it was once in awhile single beep that would happen every few minutes or so. Today it made the beep maybe 4 or 5 times in a row every 30 seconds or so. In addition whereas the crackling and popping will disappear if the volume is turned down to zero, the loud beeping noise is not affected by volume control.

Turning off the TV for a bit seems to help as perhaps it allows something to cool down, but inevitably the poor sound quality comes back.

I'm hoping someone out there has also experienced this or at least knows what is actually wrong as this is getting quite frustrating.

ehudwill
Contributor
Contributor

Re: SAMSUNG DLP HLS5086W Multiple sound issues

Postby ehudwill » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 pm

I have had a similar problem with my Samsung HL-S4266W. Anyone know what this beeping could be? I have no other problems other than the beeping.

ehudwill
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ehudwill » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:47 pm

I got rid of the beeping issue by using to remote code mute+1+8+2+power while the tv was off. On the menu under options I reset the lamp hours and did a user reset. I have not heard the beeping come back yet.

The static in the audio is still there and oddly enough if I unplug everything but the video input there is still static. I don't get how the video input could effect the sound like it has. Does anyone know the cause of the problem? I tried some different speakers, but the static still shows up. I have ordered new speakers and hopefully that will help, but I am not sure.

Psilisa

Postby Psilisa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:33 am

I tried this, but menu did not give me the option to change the timing. My tv is beeping, crackling away after being on for several hours. This persists with new speakers and even for a bit after the TV is off. When external speakers are connected to cable and TV is off the beeping seems to stop.

Samsung had no help and would not give an estimate of a minimum service call. Anybody else find a solution?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”