What to do?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Chris97

What to do?

Postby Chris97 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 am

I have 56" sam. dlp and my problem started with a lamp , so I thought. I purchased the lamp from samsung put it in and same issues, it would cycle on/off and end up after fifteen min. all three lights would stay on. So, called tv repair man, he thought it was the lamp too, returned lamp for another. He also replaced the capacitor on ballast board. When I got the new lamp it worked for a month, then out again but this time it made a buzzing noise from the resistor on the ballast board when it decided to shut down and go into saftey mode. He came back and took the tv to his shop. 3 weeks later he said they replaced the main power supply and added a bigger cap. to the ballast board and said it was running in their shop for two weeks with no issues. I got the tv back and it ran for almost 3mo. with no issues. Then one day it started again and it will not do anything else but turn on and off. I do have it on a 4,000 jules surge protector. Do I need a new ballast board or what? I personally dont think they knew what the heck they were doing... HELP!!! Chris97

Chris97

Re: What to do?

Postby Chris97 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 am

Thanks for getting back to me ,I thought nobody was on here anymore. I will be puchasing the ballast board soon and will keep you updated. Thanks again, Chris97

Return to “Samsung Discussion”