Can anyone help? Please

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help? Please

Postby iamtopher34 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 am

I replaced my colorwheel and like a day or so later the tv starts doing some strange things it will work great and at random the picture will go bad like realy low detail and bad shadding with a green tint kinda like a cartoon there is another topic named what part to buy with a picture that looks alot like mine he changed the colorwheel and it works now? Could it be a bad colorwheel? Something else maybe. Has anyone delt with this? Allso when the picture is messed up I can't turn the tv off the sound will shut off but the bad picture will not and the tv won't respond to the remote or buttons on the side I have to unplug it any help would be great I love the tv and can't buy a new one I have a new baby and my wife is out of work so I would like to fix this one but don't want to keep dumping money into it

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Can anyone help? Please

Postby darkart77 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Going by the symptoms you're mentioning is possible that your tv is having a power supply issue. If you have a chance, please post the full model number for the tv. And any other possible symptoms.

iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

Postby iamtopher34 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 pm

I think is a hln467w I will check when I get home I was thinking maybe power from what I had read it has a newer bulb 9 months old or so and a new colorwheel but the brightness has to be way high

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby johnrot » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi iamtopher34

For the symptoms it seems that it is the colorwheel, because the color is changing only, you don't see different things with the image right? and also with random pictures you see that it's working different, so i recommend you to check the colorwheel. good luck :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

Postby iamtopher34 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:31 pm

The picture looks kind of like a cartoon when it happens would the colorwheel do that? I don't know how to explain it I will try to get a pic next time and if it is a colorwheel problum will dm replace it?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”