Watch this youtube video and help me diagnose

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
reap70

Watch this youtube video and help me diagnose

Postby reap70 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:18 pm

My HLT5676SX/XAA is doing the exact same thing as the one in this video, with or without the bulb inserted. About a week or two ago, TV just shut off and wouldn't come back on. I unplugged for a while and plugged back in and it worked until yesterday. Tried the unplug and plug back in again. TV would come on for a couple of minutes and then shut off again. Now it does not even illuminate at all. It is getting the 3 blinking lights after about 3 attempts to fire up. I would assume that the bulb is OK or it would not have worked at all the other times. I am guessing it it the part that the bulb seats in to (the ballast, right?). I am out of work right now and can't afford to experiment buying a lot of parts, so hoping to get it right on the first try. Thanks!

Also, I have had this TV for a while now and many hours have been put on the bulb. I have never reset the time on this, didn't even know about that. I have been reading that TV may shut itself off to prevent damage if too many hours are logged. Since TV is not displaying, I cannot get to the menu screen to reset the hours. Could this be the problem and is there a workaround to reset the hours?

BTW, great forum!

Resist58
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Watch this youtube video and help me diagnose

Postby Resist58 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:42 pm

In that video the guy posted that he fixed the issue by replacing the bulb. So I would suggest you try replacing your bulb.

reap70

Re: Watch this youtube video and help me diagnose

Postby reap70 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 pm

He said he replaced the bulb and the bulb holder I think is what he calls it. I am on a very limited income right now due to unemployment and would like to diagnose which one of the two I should get. Is the ballast what is putting out the flash? Like I said, I took my bulb out and it's doing the same thing his is so it's not the bulb flashing. I was wondering if the ballast was trying to fire up the bulb, but not producing enough power to light it up. Or if the hours were over the limit and shutting it down. Just want to be sure. Thanks for the tip tho!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”