Samsung color whl replaced, looks great, then nada

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
btichenor

Samsung color whl replaced, looks great, then nada

Postby btichenor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:57 am

I have a 50" Samsung DLP (HLP 5063W) bought new in May 2005. Replaced the lamp about a yr ago, just had to replace color wheel on Sunday, went well, worked great, color and performance back to normal. Later that day, ever so slight hum (very high pitch) from the tv. This occured again the following day, along with minor blue streaking. went to turn tv on later, nothing--all three lights flashing. The tv tried to cycle through--nothing.

I pulled the brand new color wheel out again, there appears to me some minor scratching 1/4 of the way from center of wheel. Also, this is an air bearing color wheel (jumper removed and color was great as I mentioned), but the wheel seems to rotate a little slower and with sligher effort than the former bearing wheel (not sure if this is normal, I didn't check the rotation speed prior to new installation)

Web sites suggest a light tunnel issue? Again, when tv is tripped to come on (switch held down in the back), the tv clicks twice, both fans are running, and I can tell that the speakers are active--no picture, no lamp, no sound, nothing however.

any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung color whl replaced, looks great, then nada

Postby darkart77 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:43 pm

light tunnel issue. Maybe. But Im leaning toward the Bering, if it doesn't allow the correct RPM. speed the tv simply detects a malfunction and most likely that is the reason for the symptom.

Resist58
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Samsung color whl replaced, looks great, then nada

Postby Resist58 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Have you pulled out the lamp and to make sure it hasn't failed? Have you tried unplugging the TV from the outlet waiting a few minutes and then plugging it back in?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”