Color wheel makes clicking noise

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Anelda

Color wheel makes clicking noise

Postby Anelda » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm about at my wits end with my HLR5667W DLP tv. The color wheel shattered on me a couple days ago and we ordered a new one. However, the one that was ordered was an L6 model and we have an L3. Not to be daunted by that, I just took out the wheel of the L6 chassis and put it into the original housing. Installation went smoothly. However, when I go to plug in the tv, the color wheel begins making a very rapid clicking sound and doesn't seem to spin. I know it's the color wheel because when I remove the ribbon connection, the clicking stops. Is the wheel completely incompatible and hence the clicking noise?

Any help would be much appreciated.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Color wheel makes clicking noise

Postby darkart77 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:56 pm

If the color when you bought is used then you may have a problem with that. The RPM speed variates with the color wheels. barring can also be different.

rtech
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Color wheel makes clicking noise

Postby rtech » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Hello Anelda, im no a technician but have same simptoms in my tv ,the cliks on your tv like a bad pc hdd? in my tv if you disconect the brown ribbon cable cliks stops same as your problem,now no have money to buy a new color wheel but soon i come to buy one for my tv,in your case sound like a bad color wheel motor,is the same as old computer hard disk.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”