TV MAKES LOAD HORN NOISE AND GOES PUPRLE

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Bob
Contributor
Contributor

TV MAKES LOAD HORN NOISE AND GOES PUPRLE

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:21 am

The TV has been acting up for a while now. Sometimes it makes this loud horn type noise & we have to unplug it for a few minutes to get it to go away. Other times the screen is purple with no sound & we would turn it off and back on again. So far, these things have helped us. Eventually, these problems will probably get worse or last for longer. I am assuming it might be the projection bulb since they have a lifespan of around 5 years which is how old the TV is. I'm not totally sure it is the bulb . tv is a 46 inch dlp Please help i cant afford a repair man and i see ppl getting thiers going with your help plus i was wondering if samsung hd tv dlp r just plain junk....
Thank you
Bob

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: TV MAKES LOAD HORN NOISE AND GOES PUPRLE

Postby darkart77 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Going by the symptoms the tv is showing, the color wheel might be the problem here.

Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:08 pm

should i get a new lamp also

Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:01 am

where do i buy a color wheel and how much are they

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby darkart77 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 pm

A good place to find these parts is discount-merchant.com there are other on line stores available like partstore.com. But the first web-site has free trouble shooting.
The part can be aprox: $90.00 to $120.00.

Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:52 pm

i got a 42 inch samsung model hls42666wx/xaa the tv turns on and works for like 5 mins then shuts off i took it to a repair shop they said its the dmd board but when the tv is on it look great should i take it to other place and see if they say the same thing or just spend 350.00 for them to replace it they said its on back order and think they dont make it no more i being to think samsung r junk for the money i paid i should get mor than 5yrs out of this

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby darkart77 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:58 pm

To be honest, it probably is the DMD board, the symptoms are showing failure that can be produced by the DMD board chips not working properly.
But if you feel that the guy did not give you good enough service. second opinion may be the thing to do. Keep in mind that you will be spending about half the price of the actual repair, if the part does not work you can always return it. I repair tvs and discount-merchant.com always help me out w/ returns and stuff like that.
Give them call.

Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 pm

were would the dmd board be in the unit a freind gots the same tv but the tv got dots in it if i changed dmd boards would it have spots or is that a differnt board

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Postby darkart77 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Personally I think that the DMD, board is gonna take care of it. However, I do advise to have a tech look at it to make sure. This is not a simple task "it can be done with out experience" but... You taking a chance.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”