HLT5076SX No picture need help

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
RICKHANSON
Contributor
Contributor

HLT5076SX No picture need help

Postby RICKHANSON » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:47 am

Hey folks,need help with my DLP it is samsung HLT5076SX. It stopped displaying any picture and had a burning smell a while back so I got a new power board and installed it thinking that May be the problem. After installing new power board the unit turned on with the normal chime but still no picture so I removed everything around the bulb housing and cleaned everything to looking almost new. Now when I turn it on there is still no picture and now no normal chime. I can see the bulb coming on and reach the normal brightness but still no picture and after a few minutes thy TV turns itself off. I can hear the color wheel spinning so I don't think that the wheel is bad, also when I turn it on only the first green light blinks. Another strange thing is that the bulb comes on and to full brightness without the back being on or the little blue switch that is supposed to stop the bulb from starting with out the bulb cover being on. Any ideas ? Bulb good, check! Power board good, check ! Color wheel sounds like it is spinning fine cause I can hear it start spinning an slow down after being turned off, check ! Any input appreciated happy holidays to all

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLT5076SX No picture need help

Postby grayfox » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello Rick,

I am going to assume you purchased a refurbished part and there is no telling what state it was in unless it was brand new. :cry: If you have a completely blank screen I would get a diagnosis before investing in the DMD board and if so, I would take a look around youtube for DMD CHIP replacement (cheaper than the entire board) and see if this is a task you can handle. How long has it been since you replaced the lamp?? I would not rule out the colorwheel for that alone can interrupt the power to everything if it fails, has the sound you describe changed since its normal operation? It should not bee too loud.. (if its buzzing/humming loud, it might be defective!) :?:

(this is a paste of my original answer!) :geek:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”