Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
RICKHANSON
Contributor
Contributor

Need help with Samsung DLP HLT5076SX no picture

Postby RICKHANSON » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Hello All,

Need help with my DLP HLT5076SX. Awhile back the picture and sound went out and I had a burning smell coming out from the Unit, so I assumed it was the power board and found one on amazon and replaced it. Still no picture. The first time I turned it on with the new power board it started up made the chime noise, 1 [color=#00BF00]green [/color]light flashes for a bit but still no picture. Somewhere I read that excess dust around the bulb housing can also cause this problem, so I took apart the entire housing to the bulb and cleaned it so it looks brand new. Powered up again but this time no chime and I can see the bulb get to full brightness and stay with no picture and after about 5 or 6 minutes the entire TV shuts down to just a [color=#FF0000]red[/color] light on the front. I can hear the color wheel start up and spin and when I shut it off I can hear the color wheel slow down for a minute or so and stop, so I don't think it is the color wheel. I am thinking that it may be the DMD board but not sure and do not want to buy one unless i am pretty sure hat is what it is. I already blew $65.00 on a power board that was not the problem. I really in love with the picture quality of this unit and dont want to spend the money on another 56' TV if i can get it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy holidays to all.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Need help with Samsung DLP HLT5076SX no picture

Postby grayfox » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Hello Rick,

I am going to assume you purchased a refurbished part and there is no telling what state it was in unless it was brand new. :cry: If you have a completely blank screen I would get a diagnosis before investing in the DMD board and if so, I would take a look around youtube for DMD CHIP replacement (cheaper than the entire board) and see if this is a task you can handle. How long has it been since you replaced the lamp?? I would not rule out the colorwheel for that alone can interrupt the power to everything if it fails, has the sound you describe changed since its normal operation? It should not bee too loud.. (if its buzzing/humming loud, it might be defective!) :?:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”