Samsung DLP 3 Blinking Lights (HLS5086WX/XAA)

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
DMC86X
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung DLP 3 Blinking Lights (HLS5086WX/XAA)

Postby DMC86X » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:24 am

I turned on my TV the other day and the lamp light was blinking then it would go through three cycles of trying to turn on and then the three LED lights began blinking. After that when I pressed the power button again, the TV would power up with a very dim picture. There is a slight hum when the TV is on, but nothing out of the ordinary, and even though the picture is dim, the colors seem to be correct, so Im thinking it isnt the color wheel. From the info Ive gathered it is most likely a lamp issue so I ordered one off the internet. But after reading into some more, Im thinking I may be having a ballast issue as well. In you guys opinion do you think my problems will be solved with the new lamp alone?

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: Samsung DLP 3 Blinking Lights (HLS5086WX/XAA)

Postby darkart77 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:28 pm

well... it all depends on the tv brand, ex: samsung, panasonic, mitsubishi. They have a bad rep for defective ballast boards.
and the thing is more than anything the fact that they tend to overheat and that's a design fault. Not enough ventilation.
if this is only your 1st lamp replacement, changing the lamp should take care of it.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”