hlp5063w not detecting digital devices

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bobnwieve

hlp5063w not detecting digital devices

Postby bobnwieve » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Hey guys, i have a samsung hlp5063w .. I've had it for a couple of years. And the bulb life is very low, I replaced it about a year ago. Yesterday everything was fine and I had to unplug my PS3's HDMI cable because I just picked up a new tv stand. After I put the tv on the new stand I tried to turn on the ps3 and I forgot to plug in the HDMI cable. I didn't think this was a problem so I just plugged in the hdmi cable. The tv was not picking up the signal from the ps3's hdmi..which was weird because its still picking up the xbox 360's component input cables. Also, the tv is only picking up about 13 channels through the wall cable outlet, whereas before this it was picking up about 40.

Side notes:
I had another similar samsung dlp and an issue like this occurred with the hdmi and I ended up just doing a hard reset to the tv and everything was fine again.
I tried a hard reset (unplugging the tv for at least 5 minutes and then plugging it back in)
Factory reset (with tv off... Mute+1+8+2+Power... factory menu - User Reset)

Please help me.

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: hlp5063w not detecting digital devices

Postby darkart77 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Mute+1+8+2+Power. Is to reset the lamp timer. The problem you're having may not actually be the tv itself but the inputs.
The digital video board may not be working properly.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”